Freezing and baking

I've found it hard to concentrate what with everything that's been going on recently and also the cold in our north-facing attic flat that doesn't let you stay still for long, even with the central heating on all day. Today we noticed damp patches on the ceiling where the snow has begun seeping through the roof. At least we've managed to clear the Velux windows before the snow turns to ice and we aren't sitting in darkness any more. So I was very happy to head out with the camera on Saturday to capture the city covered in around half a metre of snow and shake off some cobwebs.

'Pristine' (Botanical Gardens, Madrid)

'Snowed in' (Tirso de Molina, Madrid)

'An Alfred Sisley in Atocha' (Madrid)

I've seen snow a few times in Madrid but never like this. You can see a larger selection of my photos on my facebook album Salí a comprar pan ('I went out for some bread').  

And for a complete contrast I invite you to see my summery photo 'Covid Glam' from the series Sea Air, published along with a commentary on Love in the Time of Covid'a chronicle of a pandemic'.

I was also invited to contribute two of my artworks to the December 2020 edition of Flash Frontier on the theme of 'Doors' which features short fiction from around the world.

'Outlines' (Tirso de Molina, Madrid)

Comentarios