highlights

[Leer en español abajo]

There are lots of posts hidden away here so I thought it would be good to introduce some of the more interesting parts to browse. How about photos, poems, poetry films and the videoclip 'La Piragua', all touching on the theme of water? Travel to Colombia through photos, poems and my travel article "Mangos! Papayas! Melons!"

There is a collection of black and white photos and my experiments with cinemagraphs. You can find a selection of poems in English, including my videoclip 'I wont' call' and translations of Latin-American and Spanish poets.

I've done a number of interviews in Spanish and Mexican literary magazines, Spanish television and radio, as well as one in English on Upbeat, Radio New Zealand. I wrote a number of posts about the III Antonio Machado SxS Poetry Fellowship I received in 2018, including an article in Kea New Zealand 'Life as a kiwi in Spain'.

In 2020 Lilián Pallares and I have a Visual Arts Residency in Matadero Madrid on the theme of childhood, play and public spaces titled Juegos al sol (Playing in the sun).

There are posts related with my books Sr Citizen and Antípodas and you can watch some of my poetry films.

I recommend checking the long reads – which include my essay On Being Sanguine: Two Years of Panic and a Response to Terror in Christchurch in the Cordite Poetry Review, Australia, and my thesis on Velázquez and his Influence on Nineteenth and Twentieth Century Painters.



He pensado que sería bueno destacar algunas publicaciones que hasta ahora he compartido. Por ejemplo, publicaciones relacionadas con el tema del agua, que incluyen el videoclip 'La Piragua'.

Les invito a viajar a Colombia a través de mis fotos y poemas. Tengo una colección de imágenes en blanco y negro y experimentos con cinemagraph. Pueden encontrar una selección de poemas en castellano, donde además aparece mi primer videoclip 'I wont' call'.

Me han hecho varias
entrevistas en revistas españolas y mejicanas, radio y televisión, y hasta en la radio nacional de Nueva Zelanda. He escrito varias publicaciones sobre la III Beca Poética Internacional SxS Antonio Machado que recibí en el 2018.

Durante el 2020 Lilián Pallares y yo tenemos una redsidencia artística en Matadero Madrid sobre el tema de infancia, juego y espacio público con el título Juegos al sol.

Hay publicaciones relacionadas con mis libros Sr Citizen y Antípodas, y pueden ver además algunos de mis videopoemas. ¡Espero que disfruten el camino!

Comentarios