Essay in the Cordite Poetry Review, Australia

cordite.org.au/essays/on-being-sanguine
'I didn’t know how to respond to the Christchurch shooting. It was so out of the blue. By chance a few days after the attack happened to be the launch in Wellington of a collection of poems by migrant and refugee poets in New Zealand called More of Us from Landing Press.'

My essay On Being Sanguine: Two Years of Panic and a Response to Terror in Christchurch is published in the May 2019 edition of the Cordite Poetry Review in Australia. I talk about my experience of having panic attacks and how I got through them, reflect on the Christchurch attack, and mention two of my poems that are included in the collection More of Us (Landing Press, 2019) and share my poem 'Pilgrim' from Antípodas (HUERGA y FIERRO Editores, 2016).

(Read time: 30 minutes)

Comentarios